Friday, November 12, 2004

The metaphors were funny, like his mate Phil

I came in 2nd at Blogging for Books #5! Oh yeah. Who's your Writer, baby. Who's your Writer!
Congrats to Kris for her winning entry!

Since it is a whole month before the next Blogging for Books, here is a bit to tide over your literary hunger from J.K. Jager:

Some Metaphors Written By Students

My favorite:
Ooh... I can't pick, so it's a tie:

10. Long separated by cruel fate, the star-crossed lovers raced across the grassy field toward each other like two freight trains, one having left York at 6:36 p.m. travelling at 55 mph, the other from Peterborough at 4:19p.m. at a speed of 35 mph.

and

17. The plan was simple, like my mate Phil. But unlike Phil, this plan just might work.


Stephan's favorite:

32. It hurt, the way your tongue hurts after you accidentally staple it to the wall.

(click on the title to read them all)

2 Comments:

At November 14, 2004 at 6:30 AM, Blogger Robin said...

My favorite has to be, "Her vocabulary was as bad as,like,whatever." That is so typical of today's language. I love it!! What a funny list that was to read.

Hey, congratulations on your blogging for books. I love your writing!! Great job!

 
At November 18, 2004 at 8:12 PM, Blogger Martyr73 said...

This one's got my vote:

"He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something."

Classic...

Martyr73
http://what-tha.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home