Friday, February 25, 2005

Blogging for Books #8: Winner!!

Great news!

A Shot of Courage is one of the three winners of this month's Blogging for Books over at The Zero Boss. Wow wow wow! There were some terrific essays in this group. If you haven't read them yet, head over there pronto.

Oh sure, I was all cool in the comments section, "Hey thanks! This is great..." Truth is I am expecting the cops to shoot me with a tranq gun any second because I can't stop jumping up & down on the furniture over here.

To quote this month's author & contest judge, Faulkner Fox:

"The use of dialogue in "A Shot of Courage" by The World According to Me is fantastic. It keeps the story moving, and it allows the reader toparticipate in what is going on--the roommate's squeamishness, the boyfriend's freakish interest, and the clinic's lack of support. The sharp dialogue, coupled with the rich and wise interior thoughts that we get from the narrator's point of view, make this piece a very satisfying read. Bravo! And good for you that you value doing the shots yourself, now."

Of course, the cherry on the sundae would be if that particular ex-boyfriend stumbled across Faulkner's apt description. Ooh. I just got chills.

2 Comments:

At February 25, 2005 at 7:06 AM, Blogger Jen said...

You GO, girl!

I am so proud of you-- and I am happy that I got to read your stuff and find your site!

 
At February 25, 2005 at 2:27 PM, Blogger Martyr73 said...

Congratulations!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home